Develop Consulting Healthcare
Healthcare providers across Canada face many challenges from an ageing population with increasingly complex needs to performance and financial pressures from local and provincial funders.
From hospitals to primary care, to long-term care homes, healthcare systems are changing, moving to meet the needs of today’s sophisticated patients with high expectations.
As the challenge and pace of change increases, what can hospitals further undertake to continue this work, and take improvements and transformation to the next level? Develop Consulting has supported many health care providers to design and create transformational improvements to achieve their financial and care delivery goals.
Long-Term Care Homes
How Develop Consulting Can Help Your Organization
Utilizing Lean and Six Sigma approaches focused on process improvement, one on one coaching, and root causes analysis, the team at Develop Consulting work shoulder to shoulder with staff and management to create sustainable improvements.
Some of the improvements include:
- Increased Pay for Results funding as a result of a reduction in Emergency Department Length of Stay
- Reductions in negative events for Long Term Care residents (reduction in falls, reduction in incontinence, reduction in responsive behaviours)
- Reduction in Conservable Days
- 30% savings in incontinence product expenditures
- 60 minute reduction in Ambulatory Care clinic wait times
- 11% increase in Cardiac Catheterization Lab procedures within current staffing and budget
- 10 minute reduction in turn-around time for Operating Rooms
- Increased collaboration in community health services provision
What we do
Remove waste, minimize inventories and increase productivity
Help manage demand and maintain workforce levels
Make you operationally efficient and ready for the future
Efficiency and Performance
Meeting the challenges of a changing marketplace requires new approaches to improving operational efficiency and performance.
At Develop Consulting, we apply proven Lean and Six-Sigma techniques to improve patient and client experiences by designing care that is aligned and responsive to patient needs within current staff and budget allocations. The Develop Consulting Team engages staff in improvements, matching Lean methodology with experience and innovation to create sustainable change and build capacity for continuous improvement. Some of the areas that we support organization to focus on are:
Improved quality & patient satisfaction
Reduction of wait times for services
Increasing patient/client loads within existing budgets
Reducing cycle times for procedures
Increasing coordination and collaboration of care
Improved area layouts
Decreased expenditures on essential supplies
Increased productivity & reduced downtime
Increased employee morale, engagement, and ownership
Lean & Six-Sigma training